4.05.2011

one day without shoes

if you know me, you know how much i love toms shoes.
no, not because they're trendy.
no, not because i think they're cute.
but because i love what they mean. don't get me wrong, i do love how they look and think they're the comfiest shoes i own, but what other shoe company do you know that gives up half their profits to buy shoes for those who aren't fortunate enough to afford their own? can you imagine the look on a child's face when you hand them their first pair of shoes?

i think what they stand for is amazing. one for one. every year toms's sponsors "one day without shoes." last year i participated in it while i was in mexico! it was such an amazing experience. (you better believe i walked around mexico ALL DAY without any shoes.

we even played in the rain with no shoes too! ...well rain that turned into the rio grand on our street)
i didn't get any diseases but i did walk away with a greater appreciation for my shoes. we are all so very blessed. you may think it's dumb, but walk a day without shoes, see how it makes your feet feel; see how much you love your shoes after you're finished. this day helps me to remember to be grateful for the little things in life. i am so very blessed and i strive to live worthy of those blessings everyday. (i count shoes as a blessing.)
my feet this year aren't quite as dirty as last year, but i loved today all the same :)

1 comment:

  1. Dang I totally wanted to do this but I forgot :( That is so awesome that you did it!!!!! I LOVE TOMS!!!

    ReplyDelete